Dear First Division Museum guest,
In recent months we ramped up digital content, offering more online and social media features, such as virtual programs and tours, collection highlights and exhibits. But nothing beats sharing our wonderful museum in person, and now we can! We’re excited to welcome you back.
For everyone’s safety, and to allow us to keep the museum open, please note the following restrictions and guidelines.
Due to COVID-19, the museum will open on a reservations-only basis, Wednesday through Sunday. Two time slots are available for visitors: 10 am to 1:15 pm and 1:45 pm to 5 pm. You must reserve a time slot online before arrival.
The museum is closed for sanitizing on Mondays and Tuesdays. On the days we are open, all high-volume touchpoints will be sanitized from 1:15 pm to 1:45 pm.
To maintain social distancing standards, each time slot is limited to 50 guests.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR VISIT:
- Staff and visitors are required to wear a mask while inside the museum
- Specific doors are designated for “ENTER” and another for “EXIT”
- No reentry after exiting the museum.
- Coats, backpacks, etc. may not be checked
- Wheelchairs are available
- A reservation is required to visit the Research Center and Library
- Galleries have one-way traffic only
- Most touch screen interactive features are available
- Two features—the Helicopter Raid and D-Day Film—are temporarily closed.
- Galleries will be cleaned throughout the day
- Guided tours are unavailable
- Hand sanitizing stations are outside each gallery and at the entrance
- Water fountains are unavailable
- Restrooms are available to ticket holders only
The health and safety of visitors, members, volunteers and staff members is our top priority. Although high-touch areas will be wiped regularly, please use the available hand sanitizers.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF VISITORS BEFORE COMING TO THE MUSEUM AND WHILE AT THE MUSEUM:
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- Even though we have taken all recommended precautions, if you feel uncomfortable for any reason, please plan to visit us another day.
- Wash your hands, keep your mask on and use hand sanitizer often.
- Unless you’re visiting with your family, keep 6 feet from others. Provide space for others to pass. When passing a fellow guest, pass at a steady pace.
Again: You must reserve a free ticket online. Daily tickets are subject to availability. You do not need to print/bring your ticket to enter. We will have your name at the door.
Thank you for helping us all stay safe and healthy! We hope you can visit soon.