Dear First Division Museum (FDM) guest, we are excited to welcome you back! While working from home we sought to bring programs, collections, exhibitions, and more social media to you, but obviously could not share our museum in person. Now we can! By adhering to a few restrictions and guidelines, you can help us stay safe, healthy, and open to the public.
Due to COVID-19, the museum will open on a reservations-only basis, Wednesday through Sunday.
Thursday through Sunday, two time slots are available for visitors: 10 am to 1:15 pm and 1:45 pm to 5 pm.
Wednesday, three time slots are available: 10 am to 1:15 pm, 1:45 pm to 5 pm, and 5:15 pm to 8 pm.
You must reserve a time slot online before arrival.
Please note that the Museum is closed for sanitizing on Mondays and Tuesdays and that all high-volume touchpoints will be sanitized from 1:15pm-1:45pm Wednesday through Sunday.
In order to maintain social distancing standards, each time slot is limited to 50 guests.
BE SAFE. STAY WELL. WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR VISIT TO THE MUSEUM:
Staff and visitors are always required to wear masks while in the FDM
- There is a specific door designated for “ENTER” and another for “EXIT”
- No reentry after exiting the museum.
- Checking of coats, backpacks, etc. are unavailable
- Wheelchairs are available
- A reservation is required to visit the Research Center and Library
- The galleries will have one-way traffic only
- Most touch screen interactive features are available
- Two features—the Helicopter Raid and D-Day Film—are temporarily closed.
- Galleries will be wiped throughout the day
- There will be no guided tours
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed outside each gallery and at the entrance
- Water fountains are unavailable
- Restrooms are available to ticket holders only
The health and safety of our visitors, members, volunteers, and staff are our first priorities. Although high-touch areas will be wiped regularly, we will remind visitors to use the available hand sanitizers.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF VISITORS BEFORE COMING TO THE MUSEUM AND WHILE AT THE MUSEUM:
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- Even though we have taken all the recommended precautions, if you feel uncomfortable for any reason, please plan to visit us another day.
- Wash your hands, refrain from touching your face, and use hand sanitizer often. We have hand sanitizer for your convenience.
- Unless you’re visiting with your family, leave 6 feet of social distancing space between you and others. Provide space for fellow guests to pass. When passing fellow guests, pass at a steady pace.
- You must reserve a free ticket online. They are subject to availability.
- You do not need to print/bring your ticket to enter. We have your name at the door.
Thank you for helping everyone stay safe and healthy!